Thursday, July 21, 2011

Boston: the best place on earth

I know us "massholes" get crap for thinking...flaunting...bragging...that Boston and New England is the best place on earth...and that arrogance can be easily explained... it's simple...IT IS THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH!!! Aside from the charming history of Boston and the best sports teams on the planet...we have access to so much so close...I have lived in some other places...so I feel confident in my assessment...I would argue a few places come close...maybe Portland, Oregon or perhaps San Francisco, California...But I stand firm...

Us Bostonians can enjoy the rich culture and history of a true american city...take a run on the esplanade...kayak down the Charles...sail on the ocean out of Marblehead, bike through Lexington and Concord, hike for the day in the Blue Hills...Beach it on the south shore...All within 30 minutes of home...

And then...within 2 hours we can play on the Cape and Islands...hike the Presidentials in the White Mountains...Enjoy a weekend cooling off in the NH lake region...or kayak the Maine Coast and Acadia National Park...ski Vermont, or see the fall foliage on a ride into Western MA...Go Moose hunting in Maine or whale watching off the harbor...learn to surf in Narragansett RI...should I go on!??!

The culture of the city...the mountains...the ocean...all within hours...what more could you ask for? Oh yes... for the Red Sox to win it all again...

I love living in Boston...love being a New Englander...and I am proud to be a MASSHOLE...

No comments:

Post a Comment